The process of creating forms need not to be complex, especially when you’re using WordPress. Fortunately, the process has become so easy that anyone can create forms in WordPress, without any technical knowledge, all thanks to various useful WordPress plugins. When it comes to creating forms in WordPress, then there are many such plugins. The most basic usage of forms is to create contact forms – forms that can be used by visitors to enter information and contact the admin of the site. But apart from that, there are times when you want to create forms for surveys, creating a hire page or getting some specific type of input by your visitors. So the question that comes to the mind is which plugin should you use for building/creating forms? That’s why, let’s take a look at five such useful form creation plugins for WordPress. You can’t go wrong with any of them.
Gravity Forms is one of the most popular paid plugin for creating forms. It helps in creating not just the basic forms, but even the advanced forms using its drag and drop interface. Select your fields, configure your options, and then easily embed forms on your WordPress powered site using the built in tools. Creating forms with this plugin is a breeze, thanks to it’s simple user interface.
Here are some of the features of Gravity Forms:
- Create multi-page forms: If you create a lengthy form then there is a high chance that your visitor will hesitate to fill it out, or even close that window right away. So what’s the solution? Create multi-page forms that show a progress bar to the user/visitor so that they know where they are in the process.
- Limit entries: If you are running a contest then you can limit the form to accept only a certain number of entries (for example 100). Once the limit is reached, you can also display a custom message.
- Standard fields: With this plugin, you can easily add text field, paragraph field, drop-downs, checkboxes and radio buttons to your form.
- Advanced fields: When standard form fields aren’t enough, advanced fields can help capturing names, addresses and phone numbers to email addresses, website URL’s and even file uploads.
- Pricing fields: Gravity Forms makes it’s easy to create order forms. Order forms can incorporate pricing specific fields to allow users to make selections and generate a total based on product and option selections.
- Schedule forms: Want a form only available for a limited period of time? Set a start and end date to limit form access and display a custom message when the form has expired.
If you are willing to shell out some bucks for creating forms (and not just simple contact forms, but any type of forms), then this is what you should try out.
Download Gravity Forms
Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 is one of the most popular free form plugin. In fact, this is the second most popular plugin as seen on WordPress.org. With this plugin, you can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and more.
With Formidable forms, you can quickly and easily build forms with a simple drag-and-drop interface and in-place editing. With this plugin, it is easy to create forms within a simple drag-and-drop interface. You can construct custom forms or generate them from a template. Shortcodes can be used to place the form in pages, posts as well as in text widgets. You can also use reCAPTCHA and Akismet for Spam control.
Ninja Forms is a full-featured form creation framework for WordPress. The plugin allows you to easily and quickly design complex forms through a drag and drop interface without any need for coding. But for developers, it does support many hooks and filters so that the functionality of this plugin can be extended.
Features of Ninja Forms:
- Ability to import and export forms.
- Input masks to restrict user input in certain fields like phone number, currency and dates.
- Save fields as favorites and re-use them later on in multiple forms.
- Set mandatory fields that cannot be skipped during form submission.
- Email form results to any number of pre-determined email addresses.
- Custom form emails with the WordPress editor.
- Anti-spam field to save admins from spam.
- Ajax support.
- Developer friendly.
The plugin also features many extensions that can be purchased from developers and other sites, but the base plugin (Ninja Forms) is free and can be downloaded from the below link.
Fast Secure Contact Form
Fast Secure Contact Form easily lets webmaster to create and add forms to WordPress. The contact form will let the visitor send emails to a site’s admin, and also send a meeting request to talk over phone or video. From the admin panel, the webmaster can create and preview unlimited forms.
This plugin can help you create multiple forms, sends confirmation email, option to redirect the visitor to any URL after the message is sent, and no templates to mess with. Also there’s support for CAPTCHA and Akismet to block spammers. You can add different type of fields like: text, textarea, radio, select, select-multiple, checkbox, checkbox-multiple, attachment, date, time, hidden, password, and fieldset.
Contact Form Manager
The Contact Form Manager plugin lets you create and manage multiple contact forms for your website. It supports a wide range of contact form elements such as text field, textarea, email field, dropdown list, radio button, checkbox, captcha, file uploader, date picker, etc. You can insert shortcodes anywhere, with the need to replace it everytime you change the form. The contact form manager also supports auto responder and redirection options on form after submission. For spam control, the plugin supports simple image verification and Recaptcha.