WordPress has just released a new security and maintenance update. This new WordPress 3.5.2 is the second maintenance update of v 3.5 which fixes 12 bugs. WordPress at a blog post says that this is a security release for all previous versions, and it is highly recommended that you update your sites to this new version immediately.
Andrew Nacin, Lead Developer of WordPress says that “The WordPress security team resolved seven security issues, and this release also contains some additional security hardening.”
The security fixes include:
- Blocking server-side request forgery attacks, which could potentially enable an attacker to gain access to a site.
- Disallow contributors from improperly publishing posts, or reassigning the post’s authorship.
- An update to the SWFUpload external library to fix cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
- Prevention of a denial of service attack, affecting sites using password-protected posts.
- An update to an external TinyMCE library to fix a cross-site scripting vulnerability.
- Multiple fixes for cross-site scripting.
- Avoid disclosing a full file path when a upload fails.
To update to WordPress 3.5.2, you can use the WordPress auto-updater, which is really a quick way to update WordPress to the latest version.
Go ahead and update your site to the latest version right now!